At this time of year when golfers are looking for some early spring/summer golf abroad, I often get asked for my advice on Golf Travel Bags. Well as promised to a few of you that have asked in the last couple of weeks here are my top tips and suggestions.
1) Buying a strong a sturdy travel bag that will cope with the rough handling that is likely during loading and unloading of the bag thorough the trip.
2) As long as the bag is 'under weight' for the airlines regulations pack it with your shoes and waterproof jacket saving space in your suitcase.
3) Place a long lightweight wooden pole (3/4 inch thick) into your golf bag ensuring it is longer than your longest club. This will help prevent damage if the bag has an impact on the club heads as the pole takes the force not your favourite driver.
4) Wrap a golf towel around the club heads act as a cushion should any impacts be receive during the journey.
5) Ensure you have your golf equipment insured during your overseas travel.
My suggestions for travel bags are these 3 from Titleist, TaylorMade and Callaway respectivily. If you are interested in purchasing one please click here and let me know which on or pop into the shop and we can discuss your needs.